Preventive Dental Care in Sonoma
Preventive dentistry involves various practices which emphasize attentiveness to your teeth so as to maintain their ideal health. Preventive care in Sonoma, under Dr. Kimberly Quan Hubenette who practices at Synergy Dental Group, can prevent the occurrence of gum disease, cavities, enamel wear and many other ailments.
An Ideal Combination of Preventive Dental Care in Sonoma:
There are two extensive categories of preventive dentistry. Practices ranging from brushing twice a day to flossing and cleaning can be categorized under preventive dentistry. To maintain ideal oral health, ADA suggests frequent but planned visits to an efficient dentist. This will ensure clean, strong and ideal teeth for a visitor. Preventive dentistry practices to safeguard accurate oral hygiene should be inculcated to children at an early stage.
Customary Preventive Care Services in Sonoma:
- Oral examinations that are systematically planned i.e. regular consultations as recommended by the dentist.
- Teeth clean-ups.
- X-Rays; screening for oral cancer as part of the checks.
- Based on the dental plan that you have hand-picked, there will be some additional check-ups.
- Dental insurance normally covers these expenses in full but one needs to consult with one's dental clinic.
General Instructions From Dentists Regarding Preventive Care in Sonoma:
- Employing a brush with soft bristles and fluoride toothpaste. The finest quality product available in both categories will be suggested by the dentist to you.
- Our dentist in Sonoma will also demonstrate the ideal way to brush, clean and floss your teeth to prevent plaque formation.
- Practicing the use of a mouthwash to cleanse your mouth off the food particles post flossing.
- Abstaining from or limiting the intake of hard food like candies to prevent the chipping of teeth.
- Staying away from smoking or chewing tobacco. This will prevent cancer and the coloring of teeth.
- Recommending the usage of a mouthguard when engaging in contact sports.
- Recommending the usage of nighttime mouthguard to prevent gum recession if grinding teeth at night is an issue for you.
Preventive Dental Care for Children in Sonoma
- Fostering good dental habits. This includes guidance on eating habits, advice on thumb sucking and lessons on brushing as well as flossing.
- Regular cleaning of teeth combined with routine X-rays to track teeth and jaw development.
- Application of fluoride till the recommended age.
- Referrals to dental specialists or orthodontists if required.
- Identifying and solving health issues which will leave an adverse impact on a kid's oral health.
Dr. Kimberly Quan Hubenette who practices at Synergy Dental Group is the finest choice when it comes to preventive care in Sonoma. For more information call us at (707) 983-9066 and schedule an appointment today.